Be a part of the Action Team
Get in the Action!
Youth Action Team is made possible by Volunteers of America and the Major League Baseball Players Trust. Action Teams are groups of high school students who want to make a difference in their communities. It is designed to build character, cultivate leadership, and inspire collaborative thinking through volunteering. Throughout the year, team members volunteer in their communities with Volunteers of America and other nonprofit organizations. Typical projects include: yard work projects for limited-income seniors, sorting food at the City Harvest Food Bank, delivering holiday gifts and baskets to seniors, cooking and serving a meal at a homeless shelter…and much more! Members also engage in monthly conference calls with Major League Baseball players and Action Teams across the country.
- Feel good about helping children, seniors and people in need in your community!
- Access to unique and meaningful volunteer opportunities throughout the year with Volunteers of America Colorado Branch
- Access to motivational and informative materials desired to help promote the importance of volunteering using the celebrity of active Major League baseball players and the valuable resources provided by Volunteers of America.
- Fulfill volunteer hours for graduation
- Opportunity to receive a $1,500 college scholarship
- Receive an Action Team Captain t-shirt
- Per request, receive a personalized letter of recommendation for future employers or college
- Receive free tickets to Colorado Rockies games!
- Opportunities to interact with major league baseball players through online monthly conference calls
- Free subscription to The Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition
- The chance to help inspire and train the next generation of volunteers
How to get started
- Identify a group of high school students and an adult leader at the school that want to make a difference in their community and are dedicated to volunteering. This can be an existing club or a subgroup of an existing club. Our goal is to offer new opportunities or extend the program you currently offer.
- Complete the Action Team application
- Mail or email your completed application to Dyanna Spicher, firstname.lastname@example.org or 2660 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205.
- Must be a Colorado high school student (grades 9-12)
- Submit a Youth Action Team application sharing why you think volunteering is important
- Make a commitment to the Action Team for one year (3hrs/month, August – May)
- Conduct at least two volunteer projects
- Encourage volunteering and community service among the student body
- Have a passion for giving back!
For more information about how you can get involved, contact Dyanna Spicher by calling 303-297-0408 or send her an email at email@example.com