1055 Mira Del Sol Dr.
Durango, CO 81301
Since 1991, the Durango Community Shelter has served families and individuals experiencing homelessness. Each year the Durango Community Shelter provides over 9,000 nights of safe shelter to 500 individuals, 40% women and children. The Durango Community Shelter continues to be the only 24/7/356 shelter service in Southwest Colorado and the only option for families and individuals trying to get back on their feet and regain self-sufficiency. The facility has sleeping quarters for men, women, and families as well as communal living spaces including a kitchen, living room, laundry facilities, and dining room.
- 24/7/365 residential shelter services
- Telephone crisis information and referral
- Provision of all basic needs: nutritious meals, shower and laundry facilities, clothing closet and personal hygiene supplies
- Extensive resource referral and task-oriented counseling for employment, housing and services acquisition
- Medical respite bed program
- Call 24/7 crisis line 970-259-1255 and speak with a Shelter Advocate
- Shelter guest must be 18 years or older, and children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Shelter guests freely choose to participate in the program and abide by program guidelines
- The Durango Community Shelter is a drug, alcohol, and violence free program, and participants must abide by the alcohol and drug policy.
- For more information or to speak with a counselor on duty contact the Durango Community Shelter
- Phone: 970-259-1255
people received Volunteers of America services in Colorado last year