About the Colorado Homeless Contribution Tax Credit
The Colorado Homeless Contribution Income Tax Credit provides a tax credit to Colorado taxpayers that contribute to eligible homelessness related projects within Colorado, such as the Volunteers of America Colorado. Please note the following information about qualifying for this credit.
- Cash gifts of $250 or more annually (must request credit when making gift).
- Stock or in-kind gifts of $5,000 or more (must request credit when making gift)
Requirements to claim credit:
- The state is requiring taxpayers to provide their full social security number to the nonprofit in order to certify the gift with the state. Please contact us at 720-264-3353 to provide this.
- The total value of tax credits allowed per taxpayer per year may not exceed $100,000.
How credits should be designated:
- Colorado donors can claim 25% of their donation (monetary or value of in-kind) as a state income tax credit if contributing to a qualified project located in a non-rural community. A non-rural community is typically designated as a county with a population under 50,000.
- Colorado donors can claim 30% of their donation (monetary or value of in-kind) as a state income tax credit if contributing to a qualified project located in a rural community.
Ready to Donate?
Wonderful and thank you! Just click here.
Want a Bit More Information?
Absolutely. Head to the state's website for more details.