Veteran Transitional Housing Program
sheltering and supporting Veterans
Call the 24/7 Crisis Line at 970-259-1255 to speak an advocate now
1055 Avenida Del Sol,
Durango CO 81301
The Veteran Transitional Housing program offers homeless Veterans and their families the shelter and support they need to get back on their feet. Through an extended stay at the Durango Community Shelter, intensive case management, and support in obtaining long-term housing, homeless Veterans and their families are able to work toward regaining self-sufficiency.
The Veteran Case Manager works with program participants to assess the complexities of their current situation, and develop individualized goals to address barriers toward stable housing. Volunteers of America staff support participants in meeting basic needs, while also striving to increase employment readiness and/or benefit acquisition with the final objective being long-term sustainable housing.
- 24/7/365 residential shelter services
- Telephone crisis information and referral
- Provision of all basic needs: nutritious meals, shower and laundry facilities, clothing closet, and personal hygiene supplies
- Extensive resource referral and task-oriented counseling for employment, housing and services acquisition
- Call 970-259-1255 to speak to the Veteran Transitional Housing Case Manager
- All Veterans must have a discharge status other than dishonorable
- Shelter guest must be 18 years or older, and children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
nights of safe shelter at the Durango Community Shelter last year