Advocate: Get Involved
There are a number of ways you can support our advocacy initiatives
1. Contact your Elected Officials
Write letters, send emails, call, fax and visit your local elected officials.
Don’t know who your elected official is?
- To find your State Legislators, Click Here. Choose Legislators from the Category bar, type in your address in the Location Search and click on Go. A pop-up will appear on the map with your state legislators’ names and a link to their website.
- Go to our Resources section to find your local county and city elected officials.
2. Become an Advocacy Volunteer
If you would like to be a face for Volunteers of America Colorado Branch at the State Capital during the legislative session, please contact us to learn more.
3. Become Educated
Sign up for our Quarterly Advocacy Newsletter. Receive weekly mail state legislative updates on bills that effect the Volunteers of America Colorado Branch and our clients.
4. Educate Others
- Share your concerns and knowledge of Volunteers of America Colorado Branch programs with others.
- Many people might not realize how the decisions our officials make impact not only our own lives but the life of our community. They can also directly impact the men, women and children who are most vulnerable – and at times, not able to stand up and vote for themselves.
5. Support Our Organization
To make a lasting impact takes the work and coordination of many individuals.
- Get involved with our organization or volunteer directly at one of our programs so you can see our work in action and understand the importance of our advocacy efforts.
- You can also Give A Gift to help support our programs.