Use your experiences and skills to give back to the community in a meaningful way.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
2660 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205
- Youth (Ages 11-17)
- Homeless Individuals
- Persons with Disabilities
- Once a Month
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program's mission is to assist volunteers in finding meaningful volunteer opportunities in which they can share their experience, abilities and skills for the betterment of their community and themselves. It is specially designed to provide a variety of opportunities to meet your interests and time. You decide how much time to give, where you want to serve and the type of work you do.
The History of RSVP
Established in 1971 and now one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation, RSVP engages more than 296,000 people in a diverse range of volunteer activities. Senior Corps/RSVP is one of the largest volunteer efforts in the nation.
Volunteers of America RSVP supports over 550 volunteers who contribute their time and energy to over 50 organizations in Denver, Douglas, and Western Arapahoe counties.
rsvp's four focus areas include: Healthy futures, education, veteran services, and community needs. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Tutor and Mentor children in schools
- Provide GED Training
- Deliver or serve meals to seniors
- Work with Veterans and their families
- Educate the community on disaster preparedness
Not Quite Retired yet? You can still be a part of RSVP!
Some of the benefits of becoming an RSVP volunteer are:
- Supplemental Insurance - free accident and liability insurance while volunteering
- Travel Reimbursement - available on a limited basis to volunteers who qualify
- Recognition - events and award ceremonies, radio spotlights of outstanding volunteers
- Make new friends and learn new things about the community
- Newsletters and invitations to special events and social activities are offered throughout the year
Ready to get involved? Join RSVP Today!
Click on the link below to complete a volunteer application and then contact the RSVP Program to schedule an orientation.