Help seniors stay safely in their homes by providing minor home repairs and safety modifications for limited-income seniors.
Volunteers of America Handymen serve in Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, Gilpin and Clear Creek counties.
- Complete a home safety assessment and supply an educational packet to each new client served, when a repair is being done.
- Establish and maintain contact with assigned clients to arrange for prompt, courteous and effective service of repairs and modifications.
- Develop and gain skills to perform minor repairs.
- Use established charge account and procedures to purchase necessary materials.
- Maintain and promptly submit appropriate paperwork for each assignment.
- The opportunity to use your skills to assist seniors in the community to remain safe and independent in their homes for as long as possible.
- Flexible Schedule! Make your own appointments with clients as assigned. A minimum of one client per month is preferred.
- A chance to visit with a senior that may not have anyone else in their life.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A desire to relate to and help limited-income seniors in the community
- Experience and skill in minor home repairs and modifications
- Can provide own tools
- Can provide own transportation
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Pass criminal background check
Other Handyperson Opportunities
- Educational Outreach Facilitator
- Snow Buddy
- Special Event Volunteers
- Rake Up, Colorado- Volunteers are needed to rake the lawns of seniors in the community. Click here to find out all about this year's rake up!
- Cool Down, Colorado- Volunteers from Pinnacol deliver fans to seniors in the community
- Fix Up & Be Safe, Colorado- Volunteers are needed to complete larger home repairs and modifications for clients for this one-day project